window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: I heart Topps (Read: Sweet redemption)

February 10, 2010

I heart Topps (Read: Sweet redemption)

I just bundled up to run out to get the mail through a nice amount of snow, it's accumulating nicely here, and saw a Tri-Star envelope. I was instantly kind of annoyed since they either send me things I didn't redeem, or 6 of the same card. But not this time. This time they win, and they win big. And by they win, I mean I WIN.

Sometime two years ago I redeemed a 2008 Co-Signers dual auto of Chris Duncan/Brendan Ryan and in two years they could not hunt down these two players. Good news I suppose, since I read the note before pulling the card out.

I stuck my hand in the envelope and pulled out this:

What the deuce? *rubs eyes* Holy schnikeys they actually sent me something that I collect, and not even that something that is a considerable upgrade from the crap card I initially redeemed. In the words of the great Gwen, "This sh*# is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S!" (Sorry, I couldn't help being goofy.)

I actually put one of these in my watch list on eBay last night. Now, I can delete that.

Today Topps, me and you are B.F.F (tomorrow we may be fighting again).

8 comments:

  1. Wow, that's pretty sweet! Maybe they -know- what you collect? dun-dun-DUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. A similar thing happened to me. I was waiting for a shitty 2008 Co-Signers redemption (Jeff Francis and Jason Hirsh) and they sent me a Lou Piniella auto as a replacement a few weeks ago. I still like Piniella from his days as a manager of the Yankees and Rays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave, I got that one too. I didn't post a blog about it because I saw some others had already done so. I could do without that auto but it sure beats what we were supposed to get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Someone from customer service must've been having a good day and decided to pass it on. Congrats on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow real lucky. I got downgraded from an A&G Rios auto ( guy I like) to a Bucholtz auto.... a freakin Red Sox. Blah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just sent in a letter to Upper Deck to redeem a Jeff Baker auto. Hopefully I catch the same luck as everyone else is.

    ReplyDelete