window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: 2011 Heritage Baseball Bucks

March 16, 2011

2011 Heritage Baseball Bucks

I have to post this because I don't understand what these are supposed to be or why they currently exist. Has anyone pulled one of these Baseball Bucks from a 2011 Topps Heritage hobby box?

I only learned of these 5 minutes ago through a search on eBay for Heritage stuff. I opened a couple of hobby packs at the shop today.... They were so bad I can't even be bothered to scan them.

I do have a top secret blaster of 2011 Topps Heritage right next to me, but I can't decide what to do with it. Part of me doesn't even want it anymore, and the other part of me wants to open it because there aren't any more at Target.

What to do... what to do...

5 comments:

  1. The "Bucks" cards are based on Topps Bucks that were actually released in 1962. My dad has a ton of them tied together in a shoebox. They are paper thin and show various players on fake bills--with various denominations, I believe.

    They are pretty lame--even the '62 versions are lame--but they are based on what was out there at the time (same with the stamps last year and this year).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baseball Bucks come in $1, $5 and $10 versions. They are hobby box toppers. 96 players represented. Chances of hitting one are 1 in 3 boxes.

    Other loaders to look for

    1962 Topps Originals - 1 card penny packs with original 1962 Topps Baseball Cards Odds- 1 in 2 boxes

    Advertising Panels - parallel cards in a 3 card strip. Odds - 1 in 3 boxes

    Topps Stamp Album - Oversized cards with a stamp of a 1962 card. 30 different stamps. Odds - 1 in 3 boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know about the other box toppers and such but this was a surprise.

    I agree that they are lame, but they are probably cooler to find the original ones than the monopoly money in them now.

    I don't mind the stamp cards, I actually think they are fun in an oddball kind of way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For a second I thought they got rid of the advertising panels this year.

    - Paul

    ReplyDelete