window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Highlights of a few packs and stolen commons

November 1, 2010

Highlights of a few packs and stolen commons

I went over to the card shop Saturday afternoon to entertain myself for a while and pick up some cards one of my friends left for me. There is only so long I can stand there without opening something, anything... I opted for one pack of 2010 Topps Update (jumbo), and 2 packs of 2010 Topps Chrome. I got one good common in the Update pack, being the Jeter, and the inserts including a gold parallel. The Chrome I pulled 4 RC's, one gold RC, and a Heritage chrome so that was cool.

I was also allowed to rummage through all the commons people left behind, and I will admit I left mine there as well. I kept roughly 6 cards out of a pack of 50. I picked up a common of each Jeter card for Sooz and myself, as well as a Pettitte each. I grabbed a couple of other random guys that I like also.

Here are some pics.




The gold version was a purchase, I didn't pull that one.


(I wish I knew why my scanner always crops the left side of cards.)

I pulled one common of Carlos Santana in the Update and the Chrome, and snarfed a 3rd card. I don't know why, but I kind of like this kid and hope that when he comes back form having his knee smashed that he will be a great catcher offensively and defensively.



I was also lucky enough to end up with a bunch of these Gridiron Giveaway cards which I haven't decided what to do with just yet. These are a little more appealing than the Million Card Giveaway even if they aren't baseball.


If anyone is looking for the redemption cards, I am sure my shop would send them with a purchase. Let me know and I can get you the number.

1 comment:

  1. Scanner range is bigger than the scanner bed. I "fixed" the problem by keeping a piece of tagboard (like from a cereal box) along the left side. Low tech fix, but it works for me. one problem is it doesn't autocrop through *shrug* HTH!

    ReplyDelete