window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: We have an idea...

November 19, 2010

We have an idea...

Actually, I kind of have an idea... It's more like I am bored and looking for something fun to do. I know with the holidays coming up many of us are going to be tight on money and really not spending any on ourselves. However, group breaks are a great way to scratch the itch, or give yourself a little present for being so generous. Since there is nothing new out in terms of baseball, would you guys be interested in breaking another sport? I am on a basketball kick which is why I am asking and being silly. While my interest in teams would be very limited, I would still want to do it or split the team I want with someone.

Let me know what you're thinking. Maybe a half case or a couple of boxes to break would be fun to cut costs and still have some fun.

If not, perhaps you guys can make some suggestions for upcoming baseball breaks that we should get pricing on (2011 Heritage will definitely be one).

10 comments:

  1. If the price is right and the Hawks are available, I'm interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dayf beat me to the Hawks. Yes I would be willing to if the price is right for basketball or football. Washington Wizards, New Orleans Hornets, and of course the Miami Heat would be of interest.

    Couple ideas other ideas:

    2010 Topps Platinum 6 box break. If the price could be kept between $25 to $30.

    or maybe

    2010 Bowman Platinum Baseball Hobby Box break with six participants using the division to break. For example say I took the NL east, my teams would be Braves, Marlins, Nationals, Mets, and Phillies.

    Just some random thoughts after reading the blog and the thoughts I really try to treat myself to something this Holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2010 Topps Platinum thoughts on about the football.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be more likely to join baseball or football, overall. However, if the price is good on NBA or NHL, I might join as long as I can get the Warriors (yeah, yeah, I know) or the Sharks.

    I don't know about Topps "Don't Call Me Panini" Platinum football.

    I think the cards look foilboard cheap, as if Topps got a copy of the Automated Card Set Designer v3.7.1b from Panini, and tuned the settings for "lotsa parallels".

    I think there are better values in football (Topps Chrome, Topps Finest, maybe).

    ReplyDelete
  5. basketball would be fun. For the right price I'd be in for the Bulls

    ReplyDelete
  6. with this kick about streetball that you are having all of a sudden, you must be Tony Parker's other girl! ;)

    i'll stick wtih baseball (and only those products I feel like the team investment in a group buy is worth it, which hasn't happened yet because the last couple opportunities you could almost get a full hobby box for the price of a team buy-in).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would be interested in a basketball break for the Blazers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Color me interested, though I have no idea what team I'd take for basketball.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Football would be my next choice after baseball. I'd be tempted to claim the Charlotte Bobcats for a basketball break of the price was under the $15 mark.

    ReplyDelete