window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: '10-'11 Panini Rookies & Stars box break

November 21, 2010

'10-'11 Panini Rookies & Stars box break

Earlier this week we received a hobby box of 10-11 Rookies & Stars basketball to rip and review. I broke roughly half the box one night on twitter, and then the rest was a solo because I was too lazy to clean my desk to UStream it. Next box we get I think it would be fun to open it live and see what you guys think as we open it.

In the hobby box you get 24 packs/5 cards per pack, with 4 autograph or memorabilia cards per box and one of those being an autographed patch. Not bad, right? Well, it could be even better- 1:4 boxes per 12 box case is a hot box (giggle).

I did a breakdown of the cards into base, rookies, the different subsets, and the hits. Some of the cards in each scan you will notice are gold, and those are parallels and they are numbered to 499.

So here we go!
Lamar Odom, Pau Gasol, Marc Gasol, Danilo Gallinari, Kobe Bryant, Paul Millsap


You have to love how ridiculous LeBron James looks on this card.

I've always loved Phil Jackson, and I put Walt Frazier with him just because I see him and think of the Hair Club for Men or whatever the hell commercial that he is on.

Rookies

Parallels

Studio Rookies

Moments in Time

Super Stars

Team Leaders

Sharp Shooters

Kevin Martin game used jersey /299

Lance Stephenson Freshman Orientation /399

Dominique Jones autograph patch /25

Derrick Favors autograph patch /10

I scanned a couple of 09-10 Rookies & Stars just to see the changes from one year to the next.


Overall, I really enjoyed opening this box of cards from the thrill of waiting to see if I got a hot box (giggle) through the last pack. The product retails for roughly $70-$75 dollars per hobby box, and with 4 hits per box I think it is a great value. As far as the design goes, at least for me, it leaves something to be desired. I can deal with the basic design of the set simply because there are 4 hits per box, tons of subsets and parallels, and the shot at a hot box (giggle).

If anyone wants the base cards and parallels of a particular team please let me know, all you would need to do is Paypal us about $2.25 shipping and the cards are yours. The hits will not be included. I am debating on trying to flip the hits into a blogger box break or something like that. One team per person this way everyone has a chance. (I'm keeping the Lakers.)

6 comments:

  1. i would be interested in the boston celtics if they are available-thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im intersted in Wizards and pistons
    Do you get the rookies too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stopped at the Wal-Mart to just to preview the Rookies and Stars. I bought a rack pack. I wasn't to impressed with the rack pack. Here's what I pulled:

    Base Cards:

    Bird, G. Payton, J Noah, OJ Mayo, Bosh, Rose, Maravich, and only rookie I got was Dominique Jones.

    Bonus Shots Joakim Noah 496/499.

    I've bought a rack and a feeder pack. I have two Larry Birds. I thought they mis-colated to 1988.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love that Kevin Martin if we could work something out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Favors!

    He's a "HOLD" and I think he'll be a monster down the line.

    and I haven't gotten any of these from you, but I'd be interested in any 76ers and any Heat.

    Just LMK what you need from me and Thanks for the oppurtunity

    ReplyDelete