window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Vin Scully is the man

March 19, 2010

Vin Scully is the man

ESPN reported this morning that long time Dodgers broadcaster Vin Scully was hospitalized for bumping his head. Scully got up too fast, and fell hitting his head. He was kept overnight for observation as a precautionary mesure, however he plans on being back in the booth for Sunday's game.

I've said this many times, Scully is one of my all time favorite announcers and a staple in baseball. Uusually during the season I put the tv on the MLB Mix channel where you can watch 8 games at once, and I have the audio on the Dodgers because I like listening to Vin Scully. If it's a game where he is not announcing I leave YES on and deal with Michael Kay.

And because I am crazy I decided to see if there were any Vin Scully auto's on eBay, and sure enough there were a couple. I could also get a Pujols auto for the same price...

Here's to hoping one of the greatest announcers in baseball all-time has a speedy recovery and is back in the booth soon.

4 comments:

  1. The man is a legend!

    I do like the Baldy and The 'Stache on SNY though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. He IS the man. And the Yankees can't have him. Nope, he's one person the Yankees don't get. All the Dodgers. All the way. Yes siree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. $10, a nice letter and a little luck will get you a ttm autograph.

    and yes, he is the man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of the time when I'm looking through 90's cards, I don't know a lot of the players very well. But I must have watched more games in that period than I realize. Because I'll "hear" Vin Scully say their name in my memory.

    ReplyDelete