window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Why I love Wawa

November 9, 2009

Why I love Wawa

Anyone who lives in the mid-Atlantic region knows about Wawa. It's like 7-11, but better. Much better.

You get fresh sandwiches, soups, salads and more. The coffee is pretty good (I've heard, I don't drink coffee) and it's open 24 hours.

However, Wawa just jumped up a notch in my book when I walked on Sunday and saw baseball cards. They weren't any of the expensive packs. They had a retail box of Topps Series 2 and Updates and Highlights.

But the fact that I can walk into a Wawa and buy baseball cards makes it fun.

So, I did just that on Sunday.



Here's what came in the packs.

Pack 1:
Jake Fox
Mark Lowe
Ben Francisco
Mike Sweeney
Albert Pujols ASG
Cliff Lee
Torii Hunter ASG
Honus Wagner - Legends of the Game
Mariano Rivera - Topps Town
Matt Stairs
Randy Johnson
Chan Ho Park

Pack 2:
Chris Perez
Kyle Blanks
Edwin Maysonet
Kris Benson
Prince Fielder ASG
Roy Halladay ASG
Julio Lugo
Ichiro - Lead us to Victory! #PP14
Carl Crawford - Topps Town
Edwin Encarnacion
Brett Cecil
Mariano Rivera (500th save and Jeter is on the card)

8 comments:

  1. No Wawa here, but I love the name.

    And our convenience stores here need to start selling cards. NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And fitting that Lincecum is the pack cover boy for Updates and "High"lights. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you pick up any Tasty Kakes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know about Wawa until I moved down here from NY. There is one on every corner and well worth it.

    Tasty Cakes (or however they're spelled) are good too. But it was just a quick Wawa run for a drink that turned into two packs of baseball cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really miss being able to pick up cards at the convenience store.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss the days of biking up to the Stop N Go to grab a fistful of wax.

    We need us some Wawa here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some of the Casey's General Stores I've been to have cards, sometimes pretty decent selections considering it's a glorified gas station (that makes some pretty good pizza).

    I really miss when Walgreens had (way marked down) packs around the turn of the millennium.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta love the Wawa...the coffee is good, I can assure you. Baseball cards too? Must be a local thing for you because they are a no go where I am sadly.

    ReplyDelete