window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: I almost feel like I am at the National - almost

July 31, 2009

I almost feel like I am at the National - almost

With modern technology, you could sit in your home and feel like you're any place in the world. Today, I almost feel like I am at the national card show because of Twitter and Facebook.

It sounds cheesy, but it's true. There are so many updates from those that have been able to make the trip that I have been able to stay informed throughout the day. If you Twitter, some of the best people to follow are @JamesRyanJ and @SportsCollector.

On Twitter, if you do a search for #NSCCShow, you will find dozens of tweets on people at the show and commenting about the show.

If not for them, I wouldn't have known Topps doesn't have a booth there. If not for them, I wouldn't be drooling over all the of tables that set up for the show.

Sigh, and if not for them, I wouldn't actually want to feel like I want to be in Cleveland.

So, while I cannot get to the show this weekend, this is a good alternative. I also look forward to reading everyone's blog posts on those who were able to make it out for this.

2010, here I come!

3 comments:

  1. I'm leaving work early today to go to the show. Hope it's worth the $8 parking and the $15 admission fee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout! I really appreciate it. I'll be there Sat & Sun.. I'll twitter some updates and twitpics. I'm going to try for the Griffin/Hansbrough autograph ticket for a blog giveaway.

    The #NSCCShow tag has been awesome. So many people have been using it - it really helps to follow the show.

    Thanks again for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Real time Tweetcast coming tomorrow with Twit pics Follow http://www.twitter.com/VOTC

    ReplyDelete