window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Holy Smokes!

July 3, 2009

Holy Smokes!

I got so much mail today!!! I guess not having time to get to the post office to pick it up every day has its perks. My mailbox was stuffed to the gills, plus a yellow card indicating more mail. I got packages from all over the place including Heartbreaking Cards (wait til I scan what he sent, I was in heaven), White Sox Cards (a random generous mailer), All Tribe Baseball (World's Greatest Dad, I mean BaseballDad), Night Owl Cards (just felt like sending me stuff- awesome!), Grand Cards (insisted on sending me something in return), @REALjtCarter (my twitter buddy, who I am currently searching for more cards to send him), Dinged Corners (all cards were mint and awesome as always), Jim (who e-mailed me about a mini Goudey Pujols, not sure if he has a blogger name), and someone from NY sent me a Jeter 92 Classic card and a rainbow Bowman Heritage Adam Lind (thanks a million, whoever you are, lol. Please e-mail me and identify yourself, and call me an idiot for forgetting who you are.) I almost forgot Beardy!!! Beardy sent me a BOATLOAD of YSL cards since he is a Yankee Hater and an O's fan. I don't mind, because now we can get rid of the enemy cards to each other. Thanks Beardy!!

I would link all of you but I am incredibly lazy. I suggest that everyone reading this blog take a look at the sidebar and by all means stop by each and every one of the blogs mentioned here and give them a read, sign up to follow them, and enjoy all our bickering and bantering.

The generosity of the people in this close knit group of collectors is something second to none. I can't say enough how grateful I am to have met all of you, and for your genorosity. We should all feel that way. With the way the world is now it is nice to know that some people actual think about others without expecting anything in return (though getting stuff back is the fun part, =) )

My job this weekend is to show off some of this awesome mail, update all of my PC, and pack up cards to mail to everyone I owe stuff to. I have piles of cards on my desk that need to be logged in and I just haven't had the time. I have a hobby box of O-Pee-Chee that is begging to be opened, and a little something else for funsies.

I finished my first Biology class today, and cross your fingers for me that I got a good grade. I studied my ass off, so I better. Monday starts the second and final Biology class I need to take, and lasts another 5 weeks. After that I am done until September, and it will be a welcome end. I am not sure why I didn't think cramming 16 weeks of work in 5 weeks, in a subject that doesn't come very easy would be an easy or somewhat easy task. I'm done babbling about that now.

Anywho, stay tuned to see some fun stuff this weekend. Not sure if anyone will even be home reading this over the weekend so maybe I will save some for posting during the week to give you all something to do at work, other than work.

8 comments:

  1. I take it my stuff didn't get there yet. Keep checking!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to try not checking my mail for 5 or 6 days.

    Oh, who am I kidding? There is no way in the world I can do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed the YSL, and hoe you didn't already have any of the ones I sent.

    I am not linked to on your sidebar :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that I could help with the bombardment of packages.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that multi-package feeling. I couldn't find beardy or myself in your sidebar to read about his (my) hilarious exploits though! Congrats on finishing your class and good luck on the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey - the jeter and lind were from me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steve- Thank you so much! The thought was much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Goudey mini-Pujols found its way home. Glad to see you got it. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete