window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Heartbreaking set of Yankees

July 5, 2009

Heartbreaking set of Yankees









The other day I had mentioned that I got a whole bunch of mail from various bloggers. I wanted to share some of them with you starting with a package from Matt at Heartbreaking Cards of Staggering Genius who sent me one of the coolest things I have seen in a long time. Matt sent me a complete 50 card set of Yankees called, "50 Years of Yankee All Stars". The set includes Yankee greats from 1933-1983, and are oversized cards printed in 1983. I absolutely love this set of cards, and the reason I took pictures of some of the cards was because in the scanner the white falls into the background of the scanner and you only see within the portrait border.

The set has many Yankee greats and I decided to take pictures of the more easily identifiable Yankees. Most people wouldn't know Eddie Lopat or Allie Reynolds if they saw a portrait of them so I took pictures of Mantle, Gehrig, DiMaggio, Berra, and Ruth. This is a set that I have never seen before which made it a VERY pleasant and awesome surprise. Matt is a great guy to trade with, and is a very genuine person. I am going to work on putting something nice together for him since I owed him for a previous mailday as well. If you are unfamiliar with his blog you MUST go check it out, and perhaps help him out with completing something he is working on.

I would also like to let everyone know that the post office was closed at noon on Friday so I missed mailing out all packages but will mail them on Monday.

1 comment: