window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: A break from Allen and Ginter

July 15, 2011

A break from Allen and Ginter

As everyone goes into Allen and Ginter overload, I thought it would be nice to take a break from the madness and look at some cards that I will never be able to afford.

That's usually how my days work. I search eBay for cheap cards to add to my collection. Then, I looked at the grossly expensive cards that I know I will never own.

First up:
1968 O-Pee-Chee Nolan Ryan RC - Graded 9.5

This is the only 9.5 on Beckett's population report. The next best grade for this card is an 8.0, and just 25 of them have been graded in Beckett's population report. I don't have a subscription with PSA and can't look up there pop report.


Our second selection is a more recent development, but it takes on old-school values. :)
2011 SP Legendary Cuts 1927 Murderer's Row auto booklet


These are both great cards. Of course, I would take the Murderer's Row card over the Ryan, being that I am a Yankees fan. If I pulled that card, I do wonder if I would sell it. Considering I need a car, I am sure that card would go up for sale quickly.

2 comments:

  1. No doubt I'd want the Murderer's Row card. Question though--Do the eight cut autographs total to $100,000 on the open market or are you paying a premium because they're on a card?

    ReplyDelete