window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: 2014 Stadium Series NY Rangers v. NJ Devils

January 26, 2014

2014 Stadium Series NY Rangers v. NJ Devils


I was fortunate enough to be able to attend today's game at Yankee Stadium to see the Rangers take on the Devils.  It was roughly 20 degrees at 11:45 when we arrived, and God only knows what the wind chill was, but thanks to Under Armor we were toasty.  Well, then they delayed the game an hour for sun glare.... Sun glare.  I would have thought this was a consideration taken when choosing a game to start at 12:30 instead of later but what do I know.

It was an amazing experience and one that only needs to be had once to be honest.  The sight lines are terrible unless you were in the upper deck (I assume they are better in the upper deck infield but I didn't go look).  We couldn't see one side of the ice, or the bottom of either net.  While the sight lines were bad, the atmosphere was amazing.  It was cool to see that many people pack into the stadium in the freezing cold to watch hockey.  Nothing is like seeing the Rangers at the Garden, but this was definitely worth the experience, the cost of extra layers, hand warmers, foot warmers, body warmers, and programs.  We managed to stay warm with the exception of our toes, that was pretty rough I'm not even going to lie.  

Yes, that is me and yes that is snow piling up on me.  The disposable heated blanket was pretty clutch though.

This was our view from Section 104, Row 27W.... (What might the stand for, you ask?)


It stood for wheelchair accessible apparently.... So we had a giant square of space all to ourselves.  I had no idea how my friend bought these, but I was happy to not be surrounded by people.

There was no giveaway at the gate which made me sad.  I was hoping for something free.  I like free stuff.  Right behind my section, there was a Panini booth.  Win.  They were giving away Sticker Albums and stadium series exclusive sticker sheets to start the album.  While this was cool, all I was thinking was thanks for sucking me into completing this.  Damn marketing!  They also had Henrik Lundqvist and Martin Brodeur Stadium Series exclusive cards.  So I grabbed a pile of Hank cards.  If anyone is interested in a contest to win a Henrik card, leave a comment and let me know so we can set up a contest.

Here are the rest of the pics I took today.  There weren't many because I was not taking my gloves off to operate my phone in the arctic.





The outcome of this game could not have been better.  Good guys win 7-3!


2 comments:

  1. I really wish Portland had an NHL team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to have you back blogging.
    Looks like a fun time despite the bitter cold. Caught the game on TV. The game itself was much better then the Kings/Ducks game although KISS, some Beach Volleyball and the weather made up for that. As a transplanted NYer and Rangers and Yankees fan I would have loved to have been there. I'm sure when the Islanders play it will be as raucous as any MSG home game.
    I like the design of the Stadium Series Lundqvist even better then the regular Score base card. A contest would be great.

    ReplyDelete