window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: 2011 Topps Attax Rack Pack

May 3, 2011

2011 Topps Attax Rack Pack

I can almost see half of you shaking your head that I even purchased Topps Attax cards, but hear me out. When Sooz and I went to pick up the case of Gypsy Queen we were looking at the other packs of stuff. Before we started ripping through packs of Gypsy Queen I shuffled through a box of the Topps Attax rack packs, where you can see one card through a window on the bottom pack. That's when I decided I needed at least one pack of the stuff.

I found a lil Robbie Cano (don't ya know) towards the bottom of the box, right next to a lil Derek Jeter pack. So I took Robbie and Sooz took Jeter, and all was right in the world again.

While I normally don't care for Topps Attax cards, this year they did something a little different which I did like. They look more like game playing cards to me than in years past. They kind of resemble Magic type cards in a way. The corners are rounded, the inserts have a hologram-type foil only on the picture, while the game play info is reserved to the bottom. I like that they look more like game play cards for kids rather than half baseball card and half game card. The rack packs also contained a little game board and instructions.

I know, I know what did you get and what do they look like? So here is what was in my rack pack:
(Side note: my scanner tends to crop things, so some of the cards don't look rounded, but you can see in the scans of 9 cards that they are. Even the Topps Town in the packs are rounded.)







Target has rack packs and packs right now, the rack packs are $3.99 and the packs are $1.99 in case you want to run out and play today.

8 comments:

  1. I've been looking through them everywhere for one with any of the players I collect but haven't had any luck yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually don't hate this design. I might buy a rack pack too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm probably the only one, but I don't like the change. They don't look like baseball cards anymore. It really cuts down on the very small amount of interest I had in Attax already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know nothing about these cards, but it is strange that there are pitchers with higher fastball scores than Aroldis Chapman lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought a rack pack of these when I picked up some Gypsy Queen rack packs. The best thing I can say about them is that Topps isn't putting them in with the regular Topps cards. I don't care for the new design at all. And I hate rounded corner baseball cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, but the thing is they aren't really baseball cards. They are meant to be game play cards, so the rounded corners make them a little more on the game card side and not game cards trying to be baseball cards. They did a better job distinguishing the difference this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are going to hate this because you will want it... Wal Mart has these in deck form. With your deck you get some extra shiny ones. Pujols is the shiny one on the front of all the packs.

    My sons favorite card is a Diamondback Mascot card that they gave him at the gate to the D-Backs home opener this year. I would like to get that Bobcat card from you for him somehow. (and whatever Red Sox you care to part with)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sons favorite card is a Diamondback Mascot card that they gave him at the gate to the D-Backs home opener this year. I would like to get that Bobcat card from you for him somehow. (and whatever Red Sox you care to part with)

    ReplyDelete