window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: I knew this day was coming

December 10, 2009

I knew this day was coming

When I started collecting Jamie Hoffman's cards two years ago, I just knew that one day he would become a Yankee.

Today, is that day. The Yankees picked him up in the Rule 5 draft.




The reality is about two years ago, I had this idea that I could be a prospector. I would look around and find a real sleeper. I am spending money on Jose Tabata cards, but he wasn't a sleeper. He was a Yankees prospect who went crazy and was recently named an Arizona Fall player of the year or something.

Still, I thought I could find someone good and latched on to Jamie Hoffman for about a week. I ended up with two xfractor, a refractor and two chrome cards of Hoffman's 2006 Bowman


Last year, he hit .278 with 10 homers and 71 RBIs in double-A.

This season, he split time and hit .291 in double- and triple-A with 10 homers and 64 RBIs. In 14 games with the Dodgers, he hit just .182 with a homer, two doubles and seven RBIs.

Hoffman is 25.

5 comments:

  1. Hoffman is FANTASTIC to talk to if you ever get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was a hockey player too, drafted by the Hurricanes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. The more I hear about him, the more I like him.

    I shoulda gone after the rainbow when I had a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What position does he play? I can't tell from the card

    ReplyDelete