window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: All the Jeters for Christmas

December 26, 2014

All the Jeters for Christmas



Christmas can be stressful. You want to find the perfect gift for your loved ones and see their excitement as they unwrap it. It REALLY is the thought that counts when it comes to gift giving.

For years, family members have bought me hobby-related items. My mother has gotten me items she has seen on QVC. Once, she saw a blaster box of the retail version of Upper Deck’s 2008 Yankee Stadium Legacy cards on the home-shopping channel and got it for me. It was a great gift (except I had already bought it for myself at Target and since the memorabilia cards were generic, I didn’t have a need for more than one).

Other people have gotten me random packs of cards from the retail aisle at Target or Wal-Mart, and since I hit up the same places, I can’t complain about that. I love the fact that they went out of their way to think to get something from my hobby.

More recently, the collecting gifts have gotten slightly better. That’s what happens when you share your hobby with your best friends. Marie has gotten me Derek Jeter autograph cards (I know, right?) a couple of times – and none for herself – while the hubby has gotten me a couple of great looking Jeter cards.

That leads me to this year’s Christmas. Santa Claus (also my hubby) was good to me this year. I had two small packages among my gift and felt it could only be baseball cards. And, I was right. I added four new Jeter cards.

I found it interesting he wrapped them by brand.

The Upper Deck package included a 1996 Upper Deck Blue Chips Prospects and a 1998 UD3 The Establishment die-cut.



The Topps package contained two 1997 Stadium Club Instavision cards, one of which was a Members Only parallel.





No comments:

Post a Comment