window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: A First for my Cano Collection

June 1, 2011

A First for my Cano Collection

Lately I haven't been making many trades, mostly because it seems like many of us are buying less packs and boxes and more singles. I have been doing that, well... with the exception of the great Bowman Binge of 2011as I will now call it. That product sucks the life out of me every year, not just the last two, I always end up in way too deep to end up with 2 complete sets.... Anyway, that's not the point of the post.

I got an e-mail about a month or two ago from a reader who claimed to have a Robbie Cano card I would want. Boy was he right! I had told him to give me a little time because with the end of the semester and finals coming up I couldn't really devote the time to turning my room upside down for a trade. Being a nice guy, he put the card in a safe spot and held onto it for safekeeping just for me.

We completed the trade last week, him getting almost my entire David Wright collection (including a RC /100 that he looked amazingly cute in, you know, for a Mets player). Believe me, I didn't shed a tear to send them off. In return, I got a bunch of Pujols cards with some of them being serial numbered (which I wasn't expecting, or at least forgot about so it was a fun surprise) and a Cano card that kind of completes my set in a way. This is the card I got:

2008 Sweet Spot Sweet Swatch dual patch card Robbie Cano/Brian Roberts /25


I am in no way a fan of the Orioles, but I like Brian Roberts. Yes, I will admit it partially because he's cute but the rest is because he's gritty (when he's not on the DL). This card marks the first patch card in my Cano collection. When I search for cards I usually go straight for autographs, and game used stuff is secondary because I feel like the game used cards will be easier to get later. So, I have a dirty Cano card and now a patch.

I freaking love this card.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you liked the cards. I really don't know why it took me a year to contact you about it. I'm just glad that card has a good home now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you both ended up winners with this trade. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete