window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Kouzmanoff in the Hall of Fame

October 13, 2009

Kouzmanoff in the Hall of Fame

At least his glove will be. San Diego Padres Kevin Kouzmanoff broke the single-season record for NL third baseman when he set a .990 fieling percentage.

Kouz had just three errors this year in 309 chances.

The Hall of Fame people asked Kouz to send over one his game-used gloves from the season. They aren't getting the one he used in the final game of the year. That's his to keep.

Looks like I will be making a trip to the Hall of Fame sometime soon. Hopefully, it will be on display when I get there.

Along with the Yankees championship for 2009. (Hey, a girl can dream, right?)

8 comments:

  1. Wow, I wasn't even aware he was having that good of a year defensively! I couldn't stomach going to any Padres games after May... they're putrid. Good for Kouz, though! He seems like a good enough guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I got to see him play in a game, even if it was at Wrigley, in his record setting year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha. I'll remember him for being the guy to break Brad Lidge's save streak.

    Kouz's 3-run shot in Philly was the beginning of the end for Lidge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, the Royals winning a World Series is dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From someone who watched the entire Padres season (okay, okay. I skipped most of the dreadful June and July,) Kooz was AMAZING defensively. If we can get him to hit in the first half of the year... Look Out!!!

    Unfortunately, there have been rumblings of Kouzmanoff trade rumors out here. As well as the Padres played in August and September, I hope we don't screw up a good thing. (History shows that we will. I hope the new ownership bucks the trend.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This will be funny if he doesn't even win the NL Gold Glove. I say that, 'cause I don't think he's the best defensive 3rd baseman in the league. I think Zimmerman and Blake were more valuable at the position this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how did you judge value on defense?

    ReplyDelete
  8. > Ha. I'll remember him for being the guy to break Brad Lidge's save streak.

    To me, he'll always be the only major league player ever to hit a grand slam on the first pitch he ever saw. Too bad the Indians let him go!

    ReplyDelete