window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Baseball cards and Supermarkets

August 14, 2008

Baseball cards and Supermarkets

I've noticed a bit of a trend in my area. There are 2 supermarkets that are carrying baseball cards, and that's a problem. It shouldn't be a problem, but it will end up becoming one.

One of them is selling UD Series One blister packs on the end of the soda aisle, and has a vending machine with cards in it on the way out. Luckily, I am up to my eyebrows in US Series 1, but the vending machine is fun for a buck. (I had to buy one today, so it was a 1995 pack of Score Summit - Cal Ripken Jr., Joe Carter, Mark Grudzielanek RC, and a Steve Karsay Nth degree insert)

The other supermarket has blasters(!), blister packs, assorted cards in a pack for $9.99, and little MLB knick knacks. There will come a day where this supermarket ends up with some cool blasters, I'll go in for bananas and leave with cardboard (while forgetting my bananas I'm sure).

While it isn't the first time I was a vending machine victim, it won't be the last. How can you pass up a vintage pack of cards for a dollar? With the eBay store up and running now, I figure I can pick up some cheap inventory. Take a look in the store, the link is at the top. Come on over, we won't bite... unless you have a Pujols or Jeter...

No comments:

Post a Comment