window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: They Pulled Me Back In...

August 3, 2017

They Pulled Me Back In...

Greetings fellow bloggers and collectors!

I'm fairly certain I haven't posted anything in years, nor have I really had any interest in baseball cards.  Ever since I finished nursing school about 4 years ago my baseball card collection more or less went on the back burner.  Until last week that is.

Last week I invited myself along on Sooz's trip to the National and left my paycheck in Chicago.  I bought all kinds of things, some things I didn't even know I wanted or needed.  Some things I just bought because well why not?  I have a cardboard problem after all.

I think a lot of my sudden come back has a lot to to with chasing big RC, Judge and Bellinger.  Ripping wax is more fun when there is someone good on your favorite team to pull.  I have never bought hobby boxes or blasters with the intention of making my money back because that will rarely ever happen plus I will never sell a Judge that I pull unless it's a low numbered auto that I can pay off my credit card with then I would consider it.

My Ryan McDonagh collection has been my focus the last 4 or so years and is pretty sweet and mainly missing 1/1's and base cards.  I don't chase 1/1's and I have no interest in buying base cards because they will always be available so I focus on auto's and game used cards.

I go through cycles of different addictions, cards, car parts and supplies, sneakers...  So for now it's baseball cards.

I am going to give writing a post a week a try.  I make no guarantees but I have just had an energy drink, a coffee and a pail of Starbucks Peach Citrus Tea so I may be up for days with lots to say.  I have some cool things I added to my PC to talk about, plus I fell off the wagon hard and landed in multiple Target's and my LCS this week.  Pretty sure the wagon is broken.

13 comments:

  1. Nice to see you posting again, Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, crazy Marie! The loony bin has missed you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I belong in the looney bin alright.

      Delete
  3. Welcome back! I recall seeing and being impressed by your McDonagh collection before, and now I actually collect hockey so it's even more interesting to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Keep me in mind if you pull any McD. I will be showing off some of my recent pick ups soon. Who are you collecting?

      Delete
    2. I'm one of those weird people who collects entire sports. My main focus lately is trying to get as many different people in to my collection as possible...I just started collecting the NHL in January, and trying to make up lost time now, lol. I chronicle my collecting adventure on http://cardboardhistory.blogspot.com

      Delete
  4. I hear the strains of John Sebastian playing in the background while graffiti painted subway cars pass by James Buchanan HS in Brooklyn.

    Have I dated myself sufficiently???

    Welcome Back!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I purchased a couple of blasters at Target a few days ago and the cashier (late teens/early 20's guy) started talking to me about how he started collecting this year (to pick up a Judge) after stopping years ago. Gotta admire the power of a strong rookie card class. Glad to see you're blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see something new from you! The awesome thing about the hobby is you can take a break whenever you like and jump right back in when ready! Welcome back! ;)

    ReplyDelete