window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: That time I bought a Yogi Berra

August 4, 2017

That time I bought a Yogi Berra

Well, I suppose it should be those "times" I bought a Yogi Berra.  While this isn't my first one, it is a cool one.




I was walking around the National on Saturday with a fellow collector looking to buy the one box of 2005 Topps Bazooka I had seen earlier in the week.  I had fun with that product in '05 and wanted to rip something relatively cheap at $40.  Oddly enough the same seller had vintage cards and I decided that for $10 more, I would rather have a sweet Yogi Berra card than 3 useless game used cartoon cards.

While I don't go out of my way collecting anything vintage I do like to pick up the occasional Yogi card.

It should also be noted that several "supplies" tables told me that a snap case or screw down case for a 54 Topps did not exist.  I knew they did but no one had one.  Thanks to my local card shop, Yogi is safe in a screw down case living in a cardboard box with his friends.


8 comments:

  1. Awesome card, congrats on the Yogi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Yogi! Congratulations on adding him to your collection. I recently picked up my first vintage Yogi card a few weeks ago. It's his 1956 Topps card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it's in the budget...I'll grab a Yogi card any time

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beauty. Highly recommend the Berra biography "Yogi Berra: Eternal Yankee" by Allen Barra. Read it a few months ago.

    ReplyDelete