window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: The Wonder That Is Target

June 9, 2008

The Wonder That Is Target

Most people go to Target to get Blasters or new retail packs, I go to Target looking for the bargain packs. Those are the packs that are a year or more old, sitting in a box on the bottom shelf somewhere. A few days ago I grabbed 10 2007 UD Goudey packs, and 10 2006 Topps Heritage packs. In the Goudey, I got Nolan Ryan and Cal Ripken Jr. Heads Up cards, and an Ichiro, Smoltz, Pedro Martinez, and someone else I can't remember Short Prints. In the Heritage, I pulled a Barry Zito Pieces of Greatness Jersey Card, Signs of Greatness Kevin Whelan auto, and a Signs of Greatness redemption card for John Drennan (?). The redemption is good til December, and I am hoping they send me someone else because they ran out of that guy.

Since I am good at wasting money, I went back to Target because there were 10 packs of 2007 Topps Heritage left and I bought those. This was fun also, I got a couple of SP's I didn't have, one rainbow foil SP, and a Pieces of Greatness Jeff Franceour bat card.

Not bad for $1.59 per pack. The first trip cost $17 bucks, and I got far more than you get in most blasters.

I have some scans, I have to put them into a webpage to put them in here. Will be up later tonight, hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment