window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Insert clever title here

March 26, 2014

Insert clever title here

I remember back when I used to buy cards and immediately log them into an Excel spreadsheet then put them away.  Nevermind, that was all a dream.  I used to buy piles of cards, boxes of cards, and let them pile up to the high heavens and then work on putting them away.

Who cares?  Yeah, that's exactly my point.  I have been back into buying cards since last summer or so and they have been accumulating on my desk since.  I have a stack of McDonagh cards and various other Rangers in a stack, and on my floor an empty binder that was purchased who knows when to put them in.  Collecting is work as much as it is fun, unless of course you don't care about wasting money buying doubles and triples of things because you have no record of what you have.

A couple of weeks ago Sooz and I went to see Dave at the Baseball Card Store in Midland Park, NJ, and I bought a bag of cards.  They are still in the bag.  I haven't even looked at them.  I feel like this makes me a "bad" collector or that I waste my money since I clearly don't get the same enjoyment out of the work part.  

Surely I can't be the only one who does this all the time.  I wish I had an elf to help me.  Even if he was an angry elf.

That's all.

P.S. I am bored at work and this is what I am thinking about.  Stay tuned, I may have more random thoughts soon...

2 comments:

  1. I used to live in Ramsey before I moved to Chicago 2 years ago. I went to that card shop about once a month. Great place - Dave's friendly and always seems to give a good deal. Seems like he's found a way to keep kids from the local area into collecting cards as well - there was often a dad with his son or a group of kids when I stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it can be work but at least it's work I can enjoy. And since I've retired, it's just about the only work I do.

    ReplyDelete