window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Worst Set of 2008...

January 2, 2009

Worst Set of 2008...


For a while I was convinced UD X was going to win that award, but I was wrong. This highly coveted award definitely goes to 2008 UD Documentary. By far the most useless waste of money this year. I just opened my blaster, and I got air. I lie, I got 2 Pujols, 1 Cano, 1 Jorge, 1 Nady, and 1 Tulo. But really, that isn't that great.

My biggest problem with this set is that there are cards stamped with the "Rookie Card" logo, yet give no indication of who that player is on the back, and some of them you can't see a uniform number or the back of them to know who you got. What is the point of that? The bigger rookies I know their faces, like Longoria for example. But other guys, they might as well have put Chewbacca on them because they would be worth the same to me.

Much like Sooz, I will be putting together a list of these to get rid of. However, I want to throw this out there: I am looking for all Pujols from this set, as well as Yankees. Even if you have one for a bunch of these, I don't care. I am only interesting in completing the Yankees and Pujols.

For $20 I got to waste like 10 minutes of my life on this blaster, and feel like I got a bunch of new stuff.

Has anyone opened some of these packs? More importantly, what do you think of this set and the idea of one card per game per team? Most importantly, do you have any Pujols or Yankees? =) Let us know, and feel free to complain about this set- we like cranky people.

13 comments:

  1. im still with Moments and Milestones. Its basically the same thing though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're talking to two chicks who spent more money than they should have on M&M.

    Going to the card shop at 11 at night drunk was a bad, bad idea.

    My credit card and my head hated me next day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, please see blogs from March for the details of that adventure.

    We made a bunch of new best friends in Florida because we paid their rent for like a year with Visa and Mastercard.

    Hi Skip!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luckily, I saw enough of these on other people's blogs before I was even tempted...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This seriously is the worst product of 2008. The card itself feels cheap. I have 2 cards with Pujols on the front...and one that mentions Pujols hitting a grand slam. That's the big screwup about these cards. There's such a disjoint from the front of the card and the back you have no idea what's going on. Kim and I wasted $20 each on these pieces of crap, I felt so bad that I bought Kim a blaster of 2008 Topps A&G to make up for the pure crap that box break was.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going to a card shop drunk? I've never tried that. I'd probably end up with NASCAR stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, hence the abundance of M&M cards. We have more of these than we know what to do with. Anyone interested in a trade for these, believe me I am sure I have what you need.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard enough negativity that I'm not even going to bother...I'll just wait and scoop up a few Reds in a trade or on eBay sooner or later. Probably later.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i feel your pain. i made a similar post after opening a box of this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll take any Twins from this set off of your hands. I haven't seen any cards from this set in person, and I have a feeling that this product is so awesomely bad that I just HAVE to have some! It's kind of like that show, "Family Matters." It's so horribly cheesy that you just HAVE to watch it. "Did I do that? *snort snort snort*"

    Let me know if we can do a trade or something. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I stopped by your blog, we can definitely work something out. E-mail me, I couldn't find a link to send you a message.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet...

    I just e-mailed you at the cardbandit addy.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete