window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: 2009 Hall of Fame Candidate Tribute Part 2

January 10, 2009

2009 Hall of Fame Candidate Tribute Part 2

Here is another card I have had in my collection for a few years. I miss Donruss, well the old Donruss. I hope in 2010 MLBPA re-thinks its licensing so that perhaps we can revive a product that many people miss.

This is from 2005 Donruss Zenith Rickey Henderson Game Used Bat card



Rickey Henderson may still be playing baseball somewhere right now as you read this. This guy just loves the game, and loves to stay in shape. At his age now he could run farther and faster than I can. (I hate running, though I love to work out.) Rickey was one of the fastest base runners, and best base stealers to play the game. For a brief moment on his resume he was also a Yankee. Let's get more of those pinstripes into the HOF, though I don't think he would be enshrined as a Yankee.

2005 is probably the time where I bought the most Donruss, I just loved their products that year. Especially the basic series, when you cracked a hobby box and it had hot packs of all inserts. Needless to say I have a ton of inserts of players that I don't collect from this year, but it was still fun to open.

No comments:

Post a Comment