window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: I'm bored

January 23, 2009

I'm bored

Here's the lull between cards. When there are no more 2008 cards I'm interested in and the 2009 cards aren't out yet.

I got nothing to do, but work. And though I love my job, there is only so much time I can go about enjoying that. I need a new product. I need new cards. I thought the White Plains baseball card show last weekend would fill me up long enough for the 2009 Topps case to arrive.

It's two weeks away and I am going to stir crazy.

I have to drive up to Toms River tomorrow. There are two options to do when I get there (besides going to the bank, which is my destination). I can go to the card show that is being held in the Ocean County Mall or visit The Back Stop, home of Dr. Wax Battle.

What a dilemma! Vote in the poll below to help me decide. I'm waking up at 8:30 a.m. to take care of business tomorrow.

Sincerely,
Sooz


6 comments:

  1. Hit the card show *before* the bank--that way you don't spend too much and the visit to the show is bounded by your need to get to the bank.

    Isn't the local shop also going to the show as well?

    I'm all for supporting your local card shop, but I have a feeling that potential product turnover among a group of dealers will be better than with one shop, depending on what you're looking for. That being Jeters, Riveras, and anything Yankess, of course.

    Good luck, whatever you decide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to that mall show tomorrow. It's the same 15-20 dealers who set up at just about every South Jersey mall show; but if you need a card fix, it'll work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Aunt lives minutes away from that mall. We stayed with her this past Christmas. You'll have to hook me up with all the card shops in the area so when I go visit there again I can get a hobby fix.

    Hit the bank first, get what you need and an allotment for your card purchases. Set a limit beforehand...then watch it fly out the door if you find something you want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It depends on what you have to do at the bank ! I'd hit the card show sometime , though. Hopefully the card shop will always be there , the show at the mall will end. I just did a GREAT trade with Marie and she has 3-4 cards I included for you ! I have lots of Jeters to trade for Indian cards. I'll have to check your want list closer and get back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As someone who just lost his *** in some wax, put the money in the bank. :)

    ReplyDelete