window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Today's the day

January 16, 2009

Today's the day

Marie and I are headed to the White Plains card show today in sub-freezing temperature. The high in White Plains will be 16-degrees and it will feel around 2 or so degrees.

My mom said to me last night, "You're still going to the card show?"
I said, "Why not?"
Mom: "It's going to be cold."
Me: "The show is inside. Why wouldn't I drive up in a warm car and then walk inside a building full of baseball cards?"
Mom: What do you want for dinner?

I own a hat, scarf, gloves and jacket, in case anyone was wondering.

But I'm sure I'm going to find some cards to warm me up. Worse case scenario, I buy some .10 cent cards and burn them in the parking lot for heat.
It should turn into a fun day. We are going to hit the diner across the street and then, hopefully, go to the movie to see My Bloody Valentine. I actually hate horror films. I don't scare, I'm just not a fan. But my favorite eye candy is in this movie (not Jamie King) and I need to see this.
If all goes to plan my day should be: friends, food, baseball cards and eye candy. Sounds perfect even if it is freezing outside.

4 comments:

  1. That's funny, your mom sounds like my mom. Good luck at the card show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burning baseball cards (*shudder*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be wearing Under Armor if it really is that cold. I haven't left the house yet. I heard 8 degrees without the wind chill.... Brrrr...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing can stop collectors getting new cards.

    ReplyDelete