window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: CheckOutMyCards.com's newest fan

December 16, 2009

CheckOutMyCards.com's newest fan

It's me. I love CheckOutMyCards.com. I learned about the site roughly two weeks ago when I saw a post on The Hamiltonian talking about a card she had recently picked up. Since I am always looking for new ways to spend money, I checked out the site and found a bunch of Kevin Kouzmanoff cards that I did not have in my collection.

Some, I thought were reasonably priced. Others I thought, there is no way they are going to get that kind of money for that card. And, still, others I thought, I can't believe it's that cheap.

I snagged a few cards that day (and have since bought others).

Here are the cards I bought on my first trip through COMC.

- Amazingly, I didn't have this card. The problem with the 2004 Topps first year bonus card was that it wasn't worth a lot of money. It's not really worth the price of postage and I had a hard time getting people to send me just this one card.

I've tried trading for it before on some message boards, but no one wanted to bite. So, I finally got it as part of this package.



- This card doesn't really need a back story. 2007 Allen and ginter mini A&G back





- I'm slowly (note: slowly) completing the UD Heroes rainbow of cards for Kouzmanoff. This was my latest addition that I believe I got under $1.



- This is the first UD Documentary gold card I have of Kouz. I have all the base cards from this set. I still need the other gold and the auto.



- This was the biggie. This is the first time I have seen this card anywhere and was thrilled to pick it up. A couple of days later, I saw it on eBay with a starting price of $20 and it sold with no bids.

I got it under that, by a few bucks, but I am very happy picking up the 2009 Allen and Ginter cloth card /10.



My hair looks good short, doesn't it?

P.S. that's not me.

4 comments:

  1. I've wanted to look at COMC but I find them relying a little too much on "book value" and their S+H is REALLY high.
    I've had better luck with Sportslots. Maybe I'll check COMC again... see if it has changed.


    Oh yeah, I'll bite, what's with the pic of the funny looking guy and the chick with short hair that isn't you?


    Word verification "DIELITE"
    Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm like a Canadian. We both think the same way about COMC and I've also had really good luck with Sportslots.

    http://www.sportlots.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like sportslots as well. The only thing that bothers me is the shipping. If you get from multiple sellers, the shipping can get expensive.

    However, I did have a problem with them once sending cards I bought to the wrong address even though the right address was on file.

    We argued for a good while about why their system was inept until they decided to block my ISP from buying anything from their site.

    So, because of that (and I have ways around it), I decided Sportslots customer service sucks and won't buy from them.

    The cards I bought on COMC were pretty cheap. I have no intention of paying what I deem as too high on there, beckett, ebay or anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the pic is of some girl making out with Kouzmanoff.

    ReplyDelete