window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Contest Results: The outtakes

January 15, 2010

Contest Results: The outtakes

We would like to thank everyone that participated and entertained us with your submissions. We thought it would be fun to pick a few random questions to answer from the non-winning entries.

Whose the hottest (and by hot, I mean sexy) player right now? ;o)

Marie: Hottest of all.... A-Rod followed by Matt LaPorta, Grady (I take naked pictures) Sizemore, Joe Mauer, Russ Martin is kinda cute too, oh and Albert if he leaves his hat on. I'm done now. I lied, Pat Burrell.

Sooz: Do I have to pick just one? Oh, I can't pick one. Here's a few: ARod, Matt LaPorta, Joe Mauer, Greg Dobbs and Gabe Kapler.

If you could ban any one player from baseball forever, who would it be and why?

Marie: Kevin Youkalis. He's a dick and he looks like a garden gnome.

Sooz: Youkilis because he's a liability waiting to happen. And, I hate his face.

Do you feel any different than your male counterparts as a collector today?

Marie: Honestly I think we all pretty much can agree or agree to disagree on most things. Sometimes I feel like women pay attention to more than men, but how is that different than any other aspect of life? Just kidding. Not really.

Sooz: I try not to judge things by gender. I think I agree and disagree with the opinions out there equally.

Do you feel you get any preferential treatment being females?

Marie: No, dealers either try to dumb things down for me by telling me I am looking at a "shiny card" therefore it's more expensive, then when you turn around and say it's a refractor they swallow their gum. Or they think you're a dumb chick and give you an outrageous price.

Sooz: No, at times it's harder to haggle for baseball cards prices because guys don't take me serious. Especially when I ask for Jeter cards.

If you could have any baseball card ever made, which one would it be and why?

Marie: 2001 Bowman Chrome AU RC Albert Pujols, do I need an explanation?

Sooz: Jeter Stadium Club Murphy. Only rookie of his, I do not own.

What is your favorite baseball memory?

Marie: Until this season I may have said a bunch of other things, but hands down greatest thing I have ever seen is 2009 Game 6 of the World Series.

Sooz: 2007 Game 7 ALCS. At the time, I didn't think I could witness a better baseball game.


Do you remember opening your first pack of cards and what was the most memorable thing about it?

Marie: Sadly, I have no idea. I remember opening WWF cards in like 1989, does that count?

Sooz: I don't. Sorry.


I'm a brand new collector, give me one set made in the past ten years that, If I start collecting, will make me instantly fall in love with card collecting.

Marie: 2003 Donruss Studio, 2006 Turkey Red, or 2005 Cracker Jack

Sooz: 2007 Masterpieces. I think these cards are just beautiful and there isn't one card in the set I did not like.



Stay tuned for my mailday later today, and possibly a card show report. I am probably going to take a ride to the show this afternoon and mill around.

3 comments:

  1. I bought a bunch of 2008 Masterpieces in packs last year and wasn't that impressed. For this last Christmas I treated myself to a complete set of the 2007's and I think they're terrific. The subjects are better as well as the artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed 2007 a lot, even if i just traded a bunch of them away. I'm not a set collector, but I appreciate good artwork and cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed my butt off at the Youkilis comments especially the part about looking like a garden gnome! A good a reason as any to ban that fool... lol.

    ReplyDelete