window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: I went to Boston and all I got was a lousy baseball card

April 27, 2009

I went to Boston and all I got was a lousy baseball card

That's definitely the way it felt after last night's loss. Before heading up to Fenway Park, I thought the only thing that could be worse than the last two nights was the Yankees getting no hit. I was wrong. The Yankees were absolutely humiliated last night.

However, I came away a winner and in the end that's all that matters.

As Marie and I stepped into the Boston team store across Yawkey Way from Fenway, we found some baseball cards. For the most part, everything was insanely overpriced. $35 for $20 blasters, $25 for $10 cereal boxes of Topps.

But, they also had some loose cards that were priced, strangely, for a decent price.

Then, I saw this little winner:


It's a 2009 Topps Heritage Chrome Refractor (73/560). For the low, low price of $1.

Yes, $1.
Red Sox hate the Yankees so much that they are practically giving away these cards. Nice!

4 comments:

  1. Haha - I guess that makes sense. There aren't many fans in Boston who would want an A-Rod card ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. man i wish i could find that price on ebay. been trying to get that card for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave has the angle here. I would be interested to see what they would have priced any non Yankee player.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll trade it for a Jeter Chrome Refractor ...

    - The only other card I remember in the case was a Nick Swisher (Oakland) jersey card. $5.

    ReplyDelete