window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Losing my mind and my mail

April 20, 2009

Losing my mind and my mail

It has been warm around here the past few days, so warm in fact I spent most of Saturday outside cleaning my car. I didn't even need a jacket until today, and that's when I found it--- my lonely bubble mailer. It was in my coat pocket for about 2 or 3 days just waiting for me to rip into it.

Here is what I got:

-2007 UD Premier 'Premier Rookies' Adam Lind 91/99 ($1)


-2008 Bowman Chrome blue refractor Robinson Cano 121/150 ($1)


The seller also included a free 2008 Bowman Chrome Cano for free. While I love free stuff, and always appreciate a seller doing something like that I had the card already.

While this is totally off the topic, I am watching the Pirates/Marlins game and everytime they show the city beyond centerfield it always looks like one of those fake Hollywood backdrops to me. I don't know why, I think it's just positioned perfectly in the construction of the outfield area of the stadium. I'm probably the only one who sees it like that, but I figured I'd throw that out there. Maybe one of the 9 people at that game feel the same...

5 comments:

  1. That Lind card is AMAZING! He is really impressive this season with the Jays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone is a Lind fan now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PNC Park is even more beautiful in person. Maybe someday we'll have a team to match the ballpark. Maybe this year heck we just shutout the 11-1 Marlins. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes that Lind card is quite impressive. More impressive than Robinson Cano - the jury is still out on him. It's still hard for me to see Soriano running around in a different uniform. He deserved a World Series ring in 2001.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeffrey's right, PNC is the best ballpark in baseball. It's definitely worth a weekend trip from NYC to see. A trip to PNC when the Cards are in town should be fun.

    ReplyDelete