window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Merry Christmas Yankee Fans

December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas Yankee Fans


You'll find a wrapped $180 million present under your tree in the name of Mark Teixeira. ESPN is reporting that the Yankees and the first baseman have agreed to a eight-year deal.

I can only think of one word to describe this.

SICK!
I know. I know. Some of you were thinking: greedy, selfish, stupid.

The Yankees have forked over some serious dough over the last few weeks to CC Sabathia, A.J. Burnett and now Teixeira.


Anything less than a World Series at this point would be a disappointment. A team can't put forth this type of money and on these type of players and not win.

I am a Yankees fan and am very excited over the signing. Who wouldn't be? (Besides Red Sox fans). Last year, left a sour taste in my mouth and it was hard to root for this team when they just seemed to be aging before my very eyes.


Granted, in five or six years I will probably feel the same way again as New York has locked these guys up for some time.


This give Yankees the four-highest paid players in the game right now with Teixeira, ARod, Derek Jeter and Sabathia.

1 comment:

  1. Anyone who thought he would pick another team over the Yankees if given the opportunity is crazy. This guy grew up idolizing Don Mattingly, took his number, and wanted to be as good and better than Mattingly.

    I will let you all know what I think of this in September or October. Hopefully he isn't just another A-Rod, meaning puts up great stats but sucks it in the post-season.

    ReplyDelete