window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Target and Blasters...

December 9, 2008

Target and Blasters...

Clearly you all know that we have some serious issues buying things all the time, we have established that. However, this time I can't even get mad at myself for this purchase.

I was wandering around the mall with a friend of mine looking for a birthday present for a 1 year old, and we ended up in Modells looking for little Yankees outfits. I spotted a 2008 Timeline blaster, still $24.99 with the promise of 1 memorabilia card in every box. Despite that promise, I decided that I am not paying more than $19.99 for a blaster, and mustered the courage to leave empty handed. On to Target we went (the second Target of the day mind you)...

In Target I see 2008 Timeline blasters for $14.99, and I think perfect just a little something to get me through the day. I continue to rummage and find a 2008 Topps Stadium Club blaster for $19.99, sweet! I carry these around and pick up a pack of gum, and a bottle of shampoo and proceed to checkout. The cashier scans all my stuff, and says, "$23.15, please". Yeah, $23.15. I was like ummm.... sure. I swiped my card, paid, and then proceeded to dance to the car. My Stadium Club blaster rang up for $2.99!!!!!!!!!! Way to go Target for using the same bar code for packs and blasters... YEAH!! I win.

I didn't open them yet. Sooz and I smashed a 2007 hobby box of Bowman Heritage, 2 2008 UD Masterpieces blasters, and I got my Pujols card.

The 2 blasters were pretty sad, and the Heritage was sad also. I did however, get a Pujols base card from the Heritage that I didn't have so that worked out well, and Sooz got a couple of cards she wanted out of it. The blasters had a couple of things that I'll post later on with the interesting cards from the Heritage box.

4 comments:

  1. Target rocks! I just got the last four blasters at the store nearest my office. Total with tax: $12.68
    For 32 packs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. That's awesome.

    Why so cheap? How can I get that deal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They must be ringing up for $2.99 everywhere. I am going back to the one I got the $2.99 one from tomorrow. The one in the mall I work at doesn't have any I checked today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip! Same deal in New Mexico where I picked up a dozen blasters.

    ReplyDelete