window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: This is really Tim Lincecum's alter ego, right?

March 24, 2010

This is really Tim Lincecum's alter ego, right?

The first time I saw the name, I snickered. Yes, I'm a 12-year-old girl and find little things funny like when the head basketball coach an opposing team is high school was named Mike Hunt. I thought that was hilarious. Big things make me laugh too, but this just deserves a chuckle.

I was reminded again of the name when I was looking at some 2010 Finest cards on eBay. Oh, they are there. I immediately thought of Tim Lincecum when I read the name. And, if I have to explain it to you, well, yeah ... I got nothing because I'm not explaining it.


If you are interested in the above card, click here. Not my auction, but since I used the pic, I figure I would throw them some credit.

I actually dig the base cards of this set. I like the way the logo is in the background. I haven't head any of these cards, but the logo looks embossed. So far, I've found one Yankees team set on eBay, 13 cards for $17.15 shipped. I'll pass.

8 comments:

  1. Is his middle name Anthony?

    Then he'd be "Tobi A Stoner".

    At least he wasn't named "Tokin".

    The actually funny (and real) thing is, my spouse had the same maiden name as Tobi. She changed her name when she got married, but her twin sister kept her maiden name after marriage.

    My wife thought it was quite a pain to do the effort of making the name change, but I also can see that she doesn't miss the snicker-snicker tee-hees every time she goes to Walgreens for allergy medicine.

    Tobi lucked out though.

    He could have been 1980s funny name superstar Rusty Kuntz.

    For those older than fourth grade, that's pronounced "Koontz"; like the scary book author you Mom's older sister sometimes reads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked it up. His middle name is Neal.

    Tobi N. Stoner.

    That's pretty close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Butt-Head: "You said Stoner. Un-huh-huh-huh."

    Beavis: "Yeah! Yeah! Then you said Lince-Cum. Heh-heh-heh."

    Butt-Head: "Settle down, Beavis before I slap you."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh, I pulled a Tobi Stoner printing plate from a box of 2010 Topps jumbo... made me chuckle as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dick Trickle was the one that always got me snickerin'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was my first time checking out your blog and I think its awesome!

    As a Bay Area resident who's witnessed Timmy playing long toss in Golden Gate park, his recreational habits seem pretty predictable.

    Speaking of funny names, I just opened a Dickie Thon card in a pack of 1987 Topps. Why add an "ie" to Dick? It only makes it worse big guy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait... Finest is out already?

    ReplyDelete
  8. In sports, says your name with an 'ie' at the end. It doesn't matter and Yankees manager Joe Girardi is notorious for this.

    I bet they all called him Dickie all the time. lol

    ReplyDelete