window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: 2010 Topps Heritage Box Break

March 3, 2010

2010 Topps Heritage Box Break

Topps Heritage has been one of those products that with me is either hit or miss every year. The Heritage Updates cards last year were not fun at all, and I don't really remember liking it all that much last year. This year is a different story. I like the design on these very much, there haven't been any grossly off center cards from what I have seen so far, and you get a decent amount of inserts per box. The major downside to these boxes.... the gum.

Thanks very much to Chris at Blowout Cards for hooking me up with a great deal.


While I didn't scan each base card because you would jam your thumbs in your eyes, I did scan a few of my favorites. I have zero interest in listing all the base cards because most of you aren't going to read it or care.

Base cards: no doubles, no Pujols or Jeter base cards.
Best RC: Buster Posey

Chrome cards:

Joey Votto (I like Votto so I'm probably keeping this one)

Matt Cain

Lance Berkman

Rajai Davis

Elvis Andrus

Chrome refractor:
SPs:

Albert Pujols

Roy Oswalt

Ichiro Dice Back
Topps News Hanley Ramirez
White backs, I missed a Lincecum in this scan and I am too lazy to take the piles of cards off my scanner again to scan it.

Inserts:
Relic:

Flashbacks Seat Relic Brooks Robinson
Favorites:



I had fun opening this and I am happy with the inserts, and from some of the breaks I have seen I got a pretty good relic card. I will be looking to trade some cards for ones that I need because I am not going to complete this set. I'll be opening more of this product, it's probably my favorite Heritage set so far as I have said before.

Overall my opinion of this set is fairly high, probably a grade of around a B+ or an A-. Especially since for the price of a box, you get a boatload of cards.

Still debating on going after the Ruth set, but I really don't know if I have the energy to put into another card project. Anyone want to trade me some of those I may be game for that.

3 comments:

  1. I keep waffling on this set. Part of me loves it and part of me is unimpressed. I'm back on the liking it side of the fence. I love the subsets, and I've always loved the '61 set. We'll see how I feel when I finally get some in-hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was the same, wanted to wait and rip to see if I "got" the set. Thinking its a no-go for me.

    If you are serious about collecting the Ruth chase cards I pulled two. They're yours if you want 'em #'s 7 & 13.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Brooks relic is Sweet!

    ReplyDelete