window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: The nominations for the 2014 Bip Awards are ...

January 18, 2015

The nominations for the 2014 Bip Awards are ...


Welcome to the 2014 Bip Awards!

Below are 10 categories of voting in the first Bip Awards. I removed one of the categories from the earlier post - Best blog post. There just weren't enough entries for that to have a good poll.

The goal of The Bip Awards is to celebrate the card-collecting community on the blogosphere and social media. There are many of us who share our collections, expertise and humor every day. It has brought more collectors out and allowed those who want to return to collecting a special space to enjoy.

Blogs and social media have made collecting more enjoyable for me and others. I love reading stories, checking out those mail days and learning more about cards than I ever thought possible.

Take a few minutes and vote for your favorites. Polls will be opened until January 31 at midnight ET. The winners will be announced on Feb. 2.

(A special shout out to Topher over at Crackin' Wax for the banner)


















21 comments:

  1. You're welcome! Good luck to all the nominees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um I'm not quite sure who nominated my blog for ROY but I'm afraid that I'm technically not eligible for this year's ROY contest since I was nominated for the 2013 edition.

    http://betterthanbeckett.blogspot.com/2014/01/more-2013-blog-awards-nominations-needed.html?showComment=1391043362764#c6287929643748323688

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, poo. I thought I vetted all the nominees to make sure they were right in the categories. Thanks for letting me know.

      Delete
  3. Always a fun poll. Just curious as to how you selected the 10 blogs for Best Blog of the Year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind...I'm late to the party as usual.

      Delete
    2. People sent me nominations and I used the calculated the most popular entries.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for holding this and thanks to those who nominated me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could you possibly link to the blogs mentioned? Some of them I'm familiar with, but some of them I'm hearing about for the first time reading these voting options. Based on the title alone I'd like to follow several of them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. I was thinking of a way I might be able to do that earlier, but I couldn't put a hyperlink in the polls themselves. Tomorrow (it's midnight here and close to bed time), I'll add links somewhere in the post. ... You might also be able to find them in my blogroll or just using Google. Another great asset for blogs is J.B.'s blogroll page http://bdj610scblogroll.blogspot.com/

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the link! I just spent the last two hours pulling interesting looking blogs to add to my blogroll. I wish there was something like that for non-sports blogs as well.

      Delete
  6. Well, I had no idea anyone had nominated me, and my my, I'm very honored !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I'm honored to have been nominated in newcomer of the year. Thank you to all who did nominate me. And thank you Suzy for holding the awards this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS: What's a guy gotta do to make your blog roll? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing. It broke awhile ago and I've been meaning to fix it. Slowly been adding blogs to it when I find some time. I will definitely add yours to it soon.

      Delete
    2. I hope to make that list as well. Adding yours to mine today

      Delete
  9. I'm flattered! Thanks for running this, Sooz!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks to whomever nominated me. It's almost been three years of blogging and not many know me so to be mentioned on this list with the fellas on it, I am honored.

    Thanks for hosting this Sooz.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks to whoever nominated me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is this the year that someone finally knocks Greg off his throne? Probably not. But best of luck to all of the nominees... including you Mr. Night Owl.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't know how I got nominated but I appreciate it and thank you to all that did.
    Obviously would love to win but it is honor just to be nominated considering I still
    feel like a newbie.
    Good luck to all

    ReplyDelete